Grandstream Wave Allows Users to Make and Receive SIP based Voice Calls on Android Devices
Grandstream Networks, the leading provider of IP voice and video solutions, today announced the launch of Grandstream Wave, a free softphone application for Android devices. Grandstream Wave allows business and residential users to make and receive SIP based voice calls over Wi-Fi using any Android mobile devices running Android 4.0 or higher. This free app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and supports the integration of up to 6 SIP accounts, 6-way voice conferencing and a number of advanced telephony features. With Grandstream Wave, SMB, Enterprise and residential users will always have access to their SIP lines over Wi-Fi and can easily keep in touch with their contacts on Android mobile devices without using expensive cellular data plans.
Grandstream Wave is compatible with most 3rd parties’ SIP based communication platforms and IPPBX systems, including Grandstream’s award-winning UCM6xxx series IP PBX. It supports most of the popular SIP telephony features available on modern IP phones, including call transfer, call forward, PBX extension monitoring (24 virtual BLF/speed dial keys), enterprise LDAP phonebook integration, and more. Additionally, UCM6xxx series of IP PBXs can generate a 2D barcode that can be scanned using any Android device running the Grandstream Wave app to automatically provision an extension with that device.
Key Features and Technical Specifications for Grandstream Wave
- Supports G.711µ/a, G.722 (HD-audio), G.726-32, GSM, iLBC, Opus (HD-audio), and Speex codecs
- Requires Android 4.0+
- Strong security features including SIP over TLS and SRTP with 128/256-bit AES encryption
- Supports up to 6 SIP accounts, 6-way audio conference, and 24 virtual BLF/speed-dial keys
- Native integration with mobile phone’s existing settings including contact, call history and ringtones.
- Advanced enterprise telephony features including SIP based IP PBX integration, BLF, call transfer/pickup, LADP, and call recording with Grandstream’s UCM6xxx series of IP PBX
- Automatic call forwarding based on time and location rules
- Powerful NAT traversal options including automatic NAT discovery, STUN and UPnP
- Automated and secure provisioning including XML provisioning or 2-D barcode scan
- Easy voice channel switching among earphone, speakerphone, Bluetooth headset, and corded headset
- Customizable skins and themes
Download the Grandstream Andoid App to your PC.
Share this story with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @VoIPon.