Published on February 14th, 2012 | by James Chapman0
snom Announces Latest Version of snom ONE IP PBX
On February 1st, VoIP phones manufacturer snom announced a new version of the award winning snom ONE IP PBX. In the latest version of the snom ONE, the support has increased for the growing mobile enterprise environment, where remote workers on cell phones and off-site extensions need to be fully integrated into an organization’s communications platform, as well as fully secured.
“Worker mobility is a growing issue for many of companies, and the need to have cell phones seamlessly integrated into the organization’s internal telephony platform is directly related to the productivity of a mobile workforce,” said snom COO Mike Storella.
“The snom ONE IP PBX has become a cornerstone of communications for many organizations, and as those organizations move into the world of integrated enterprise mobility, the snom ONE is prepared to help them easily and securely increase employee productivity and keep the costs of a mobile workforce down.”
snom ONE IP PBX release highlights include:
- “Cell phone as an extension”: The snom ONE allows cell phones to act as truly integrated extensions, incorporating call transfers, conferencing, internal extension dialling and other features.
- Broad SIP client support: The snom ONE now supports mobile SIP clients, running on popular platforms such as Android and the iPhone.
- Enhanced management features: The web-based interface has been enhanced to make administering the system even easier and more productive.
- Enhanced remote phone security: snom ONE provides WAN-based authentication for plug and play with snom 720 and snom 821 IP phone, alleviating the need for users to enter password information and increasing simplicity and security for remote workers.
- Plug and play deployment: The snom ONE is optimized for all snom phones, enabling plug-and-play deployment and provisioning for the snom 300, snom 8xx and newly released snom 7xx series desktop phones, as well as other endpoints, including the snom M9 DECT phone, the snom PA1 public address system and the snom MeetingPoint conference phone.
- Virtual appliance: snom ONE is available as virtual appliances for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V via a .vhd file. This addresses the demand for hardware failover without dropping calls.
- Enhanced Software Update Mechanism: The system can be updated easily via the web interface, alleviating the need to connect to the operating system to perform upgrades.
The snom ONE IP PBX is a SIP-based, full featured IP PBX optimized to work with snom phones, offering advanced features including agent groups, conference rooms, call recording, and many other features typical in a mature SIP based communications system.
The snom ONE is compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac environments and is equipped with robust web security through HTTPS and call security through TLS and SRTP. snom ONE supports mixed IPv4/IPv6 LAN and WAN environments and comes with an automatic blacklisting feature that makes it possible to expose public IP addresses. The snom ONE is also available as a turnkey system in snom ONE Plus appliances.