Published on August 11th, 2014 | by Craig Herrett0
Sonus Session Border Controller Software Edition Receives Microsoft Lync 2013 Qualification
Industry’s Broadest Portfolio of Lync Qualified SBCs Secures and Enables Real-Time Communications from the Enterprise Headquarters to the Branch Office
- The Sonus SBC SWe (Software edition) receives Microsoft Lync 2013 qualification.
- The Sonus SBC portfolio provides the industry’s broadest end-to-end Microsoft Lync-qualified SBC solution, delivering Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-enabled applications such as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and video from the enterprise headquarters to the branch office.
- As a Microsoft Gold Communications Partner, Sonus is committed to delivering the solutions, as well as the expertise customers need to secure and enable interoperability in Microsoft Lync Enterprise Voice and Microsoft Office 365 deployments.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in securing real-time communications, today announced that the Sonus SBC SWe (Software edition) has achieved Microsoft Lync 2013 qualification for Session Border Controller (SBC) deployments.
More than 67 percent of enterprises have virtualized UC applications to help improve resiliency and enable more efficient utilization of server resources, according to Nemertes Research. The ability to deploy a Lync-qualified software SBC via virtual servers already supporting Lync environments enables enterprises to deploy new networking resources quickly and efficiently. With the SBC SWe, enterprises can quickly turn-up SBC functionality within existing virtual environments to deliver built-in media transcoding, network security (such as encryption, authentication and Denial of Service [DoS] protection), robust Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) interworking, intelligent call routing and multi-vendor interoperability in Lync deployments.
Sonus SBCs are installed at the border between the internal Lync Enterprise Voice network and SIP trunking services at the network border, to enable a more seamless flow of SIP-based media for Unified Communications (UC). Integrating these powerful network devices into Lync deployments protects, secures, simplifies and standardizes real-time communications, such as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and video.
For large enterprises, the Sonus SBC SWe is also qualified for Lync Online Dedicated. For small and medium enterprises, and branch deployments, the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 Session Border Controllers are tested and qualified for Lync Online Dedicated and with Exchange Online Unified Messaging.
We are pleased to continue the long-standing relationship between Sonus and Microsoft by recognizing the successful Microsoft Lync 2013 qualification of the SBC SWe,” said Giovanni Mezgec, general manager of Lync Product Marketing at Microsoft. “As a Gold Communications Partner, Sonus offers a broad portfolio of software- and hardware-based Microsoft Lync-qualified SBCs to help enterprises of all sizes maximize Lync Enterprise Voice and Office 365 investments.
Many enterprises today are choosing an evolutionary implementation strategy to Lync Enterprise Voice, starting small and either augmenting existing telephony systems or gradually migrating those groups most well-suited to a softphone-centric working model. The Sonus SBC SWe gives enterprises a simple, cost-effective way to secure and interwork their Lync environments by enabling SBC functionality in existing virtual servers, with no additional hardware required,” said David Tipping, vice president, Product Line Management, Sonus. “Because the SBC SWe shares a common code base with the SBC 5000 Series and the SBC 7000, Sonus customers can seamlessly move between Lync-qualified hardware and software solutions, with assurance that existing communications and network investments are fully protected.”
- The Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 are Microsoft Lync 2013 qualified in several categories, including SBC, Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA), E-911 ELIN gateway and enhanced gateway.
- The Sonus SBC 5110, SBC 5100, SBC 5210 and SBC 5200 Session Border Controllers are also Microsoft Lync 2013 qualified for SBC deployments.
- Sonus is positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers,” published October 21, 2013 by Gartner, Inc.