Ubiquiti Networks has announced that it has launched UniFi VoIP, a new line of Enterprise smart phone technology featuring advanced Android based touch-screen phones. The system, part of the Ubiquiti UniFi range, will be managed by a powerful PBX integrated within the UniFi Software Defined Networking (SDN) Control Plane to provide seamless, complete, scalable telephony capabilities. UniFi VoIP will be the first telephony solution of its price/performance class offering a superior user-experience at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
The new models include the UniFi UVP, the UniFI UVP-Pro and the UniFi UVP-Executive. Along with the Ubiquiti VoIP Phones, Ubiquiti have announced the UniFi Security Gateway and the UniFi Switch Appliance.
UniFi VoIP phones will ship with powerful enterprise smart phones including:
- Hi-resolution touch screens
- Android KitKat 4.4.2 with Google Apps and Google Play support
- Advanced call manager application with powerful conferencing and group calling features
- Premium stereo sound* for superior speakerphone calling experience
- Ergonomic headset with integrated mute button
- WiFi** and Bluetooth wireless capabilities
- Integrated hi-res video camera for video conferencing**
- 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Ethernet switch with secondary Ethernet connector for PC connectivity
*Supported in Executive Model. **Supported in Pro/Executive Models.
The UniFi SDN Controller will support multiple enterprise-grade features, including:
- Automated Attendant (IVR)
- Plug and Play SIP Setup (no analog phone lines needed)
- Advanced call groups and conference call capabilities
- Feature-rich voicemail system
- Alerts to email
- Centralized call logs
While UniFi wireless is closing in on Cisco for the worldwide lead in Enterprise WiFi Access Point shipments, the UniFi platform will become much more than just wireless. It will shape into a massive Software Defined Networking platform encompassing routing, switching, video security, VoIP, wireless and much more. After a focused R&D effort, we are excited to enter the Enterprise VoIP technology space,” said Ben Moore, vice president of business development at Ubiquiti Networks. UniFi VoIP is now sampling with shipments expected this quarter.
Share this story with your friends or work colleagues. If you want to stay up to date with our latest products, industry news and offers you can sign up to our monthly newsletters, keep up to date with us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @VoIPon.