Grandstream has announced that their WP820 WiFi Cordless IP Phone is now compliant with BroadSoft’s BroadWorks platform. This enables service providers and enterprises who use Broadsoft’s business platform, to increase their mobility and productivity with the WP820.
The WP820 is designed to make and receive calls in any location that has a WiFi connection, for example, offices, warehouses and hospitals. This makes it suitable for a variety of enterprise and vertical market applications.
There are many benefits to combining Grandstream WP820 with Broadsoft such as real-time display of video streaming, 2-way full duplex audio intercom, and door control to offer a wireless facility access solution.
The WP820 features
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi with advanced antenna design to allow fast and reliable roaming
- Bluetooth 4.2 for syncing headsets and mobile devices
- HD voice, dual microphone design, advanced AEC (Acoustic Echo Cancellation) and Noise Shield Technology to block out background noise
- Rechargeable 1500mAh Li-ion battery with 7.5-hour talk time and 150-hour standby time
- 2.4” 240x320 color LCD with 3 programmable soft keys
- Support 2 SIP accounts, 2 lines, and various popular voice codecs including wideband Opus, G.722, G.711, G.729A/B, iLBC, etc.
- Supports WMM (WiFi Multimedia) and smart QoS to ensure the highest possible quality of latency-sensitive voice/video communications against unpredictable network jitter
- Built-in accelerometer for gesture control, movement-based notifications and alarms
- Configurable button for push-to-talk, panic call, and other functions
- Built-in proximity sensor, vibration motor, micro USB port, and 3.5mm headset jack
Configuration details are documented in the BroadWorks Partner Configuration Guide (PCG) available to Cisco BroadWorks customers on the BroadSoft Xchange website at xchange.broadsoft.com.
Check out the full press release from Grandstream HERE