This is a big deal. It marks a major milestone in the history of the platform and our company. It is the first major version release of Switchvox since Digium was acquired and joined the Sangoma family.
Sangoma is committed to the Switchvox Unified Communications platform. Since the acquisition of Digium, we have invested many resources into making Switchvox an even better solution that provides a greater value to our customer base. It is important for our customers and partners to know that we are dedicated to Switchvox and are relentlessly working to grow the platform, starting with the capabilities added in Switchvox 7Bill Wignall
Switchvox 7’s new feature highlights:
- Expanded Switchvox Meet Me Conference functionality providing conference room administrators more transparency and additional tools for ensuring productive conference calls.
- A new Conference Widget for Switchboard and the D80 IP phone that gives users access to visual conference controls on their desktop or D80 phone screen.
- Music on Hold (MoH) can now be set for Meet Me conferences and simple conferences, as well as parking lots, providing a more professional experience for your customers and staff.
- Calls will never be missed with the all new Call Pickup feature, available to all D Series IP phones. This feature allows inbound calls to another extension to be monitored and answered by an authorized user from their own IP phone.
- Updates to the Switchboard and administration GUI to display more useful system details.
View the many other improvements to look out for in Switchvox 7.