Prepare Your Business for the ISDN Switch-Off with VoIPon
The ISDN Switch-Off Is Coming
The pace of change in communications is accelerating, and with a move toward remote working and study, it is more crucial than ever to be adaptable and swift. BT declared in 2015 that its PSTN/ISDN lines would be retired in 2025. You will still be able to purchase ISDN lines up to September 2023, however there will be a forced migration phase between April and December 2025. Given the rapid evolution in the way we communicate, now is as good a time as any to be prepared for this.
Both technologies have become out-of-date and incapable of handling the volume, speed, and quality of data in today’s increasingly digital world, which has led to the decision to switch off. What should you know and how can your business get ready?
70% Of Businesses Are Still Using Landlines
Despite the coming switch-off, 70% of businesses in the UK continue to use landlines.
Although the pandemic forced many organisations to transition to alternative methods, including VoIP utilising software such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, it appears companies continue to use them alongside other options.
What does this mean?
To put it simply, this means that come 2025, those businesses that haven’t embraced the change may find themselves in a bit of a predicament.
Businesses need to act now to switch over to IP networks, which is undoubtedly the future of communications.
5 Advantages of SIP and VoIP
1. Compared to ISDN, costs can be reduced by up to 78% because calls are less expensive and line rental is is not required.
2. Without changing numbers, you can simply link back into the network wherever you are in the UK.
3. You can get set up quickly since you aren’t waiting around for an engineer to establish physical lines.
4. It is possible to install multiple fibre lines, allowing automatic failover and backup so you are constantly connected.
5. A wide range of new and advanced features are available with increased control, integration, and analytics.
How VoIPon can help.
Since 2005, VoIPon have been using their vast industry knowledge to provide solutions to both small and large businesses.
To start transferring your traditional phone lines over, contact us.
Interested to learn more about the ISDN Switch-Off and what it means for your business?
If you have any specific requirements, please contact our team on