The modern workplace embraces collaboration away from our desks, made possible by WiFi and DECT wireless IP phone solutions.
There is a vast choice of WiFi and DECT mobility solutions available to allow workers to stay connected and productive, no matter what they are doing and where they are.
However, a DECT phone and a WiFi phone are two different technologies and both have their unique advantages.
So, which is best for your business environment?
DECT IP phones
DECT stands for Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications, the technology that allows the phone to link to its base without any wires.
DECT phones use a base station that connects to the phone service to send/receive phone calls. Designed for voice, DECT operates on its own isolated frequency, meaning voice quality only suffers if you leave the range of the base station. Although, you can extend your range by adding signal repeaters and multi-cell systems.
DECT phone highlights
- Specifically designed for voice
- Operates on its own frequency
- Little interference or background noise
- Functions on a closed system for optimum security
DECT IP phones are ideal for small to medium-sized office and retail environments as well as residential networks.
Featured DECT solutions
Wireless IP phones (WiFi phones)
WiFi VoIP phones use “WLAN” to create cordless communication connections.
WiFi phones do not require base stations or any additional hardware as they connect to an existing WiFi network by picking up a wireless signal directly to the device from a router.
This can actually make WiFi phones cheaper and easier to implement overall.
WiFi phone highlights
- Long range
- Pairs with existing WiFi network
- Easy installation
- Add as many phones as you want
WiFi phones are designed to suit a variety of enterprises and vertical markets where roaming free while making and receiving calls is a necessity. Typical scenarios include retail, logistics, medical and security.
Featured WiFi phone solutions
WiFi IP Phone
- Long lasting battery
- L2-L3 quick roaming
- Simultaneous bell and vibration effects
- Polyphonic MIDI Ring / Vibration ringer
Enterprise Portable WiFi Phone
- Dual-band WiFi with advanced roaming support
- Bluetooth for syncing headsets and mobile devices
- HD voice and noise shield technology
- 7.5 hour talk time, 150-hours standby